For our Headquarters, based in Turnhout (Belgium), we are looking for a
Group Purchaser (m/f)
Van Genechten Packaging is an independent industrial group with headquarters in Turnhout, Belgium. It consists of 9 folding carton factories in 7 countries, leading the European consumer goods industry with printed folding cartons, microflute and other packaging solutions. With an annual turnover of €300 million, the group converts more than 200,000 tons of cardboard each year and employs over 1,600 people.
Under supervision of the Group Purchasing Director your responsibilities are:
- Key suppliers’ selections (RFI/RFQ process) in line with the sourcing strategy of the company.
- Negotiation of the purchase conditions in order to ensure that the VGP plants can purchase the requested quality and quantity of items within the spent categories following a total cost of ownership approach.
- Promote an efficient and mature purchasing culture.
- Set up, monitor, benchmark and evaluate the performance of the providers, and support project managers/site buyers in negotiations incl. tendering and contracting.
- Supervise compliance of company’s policies, procedures and legal aspects in terms of purchasing.
- Design and implement purchasing process and system improvements – aligned with the company’s strategy – in order to meet internal customer requirements.
- You have a Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent through experience in a B2B packaging environment.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are result oriented with a pragmatic attitude.
- You are a team player, with strong communication skills enabling to build good relationships and the ability to convince.
- You have a positive attitude; you are flexible and open minded.
- You speak English and Dutch fluently, French and German would be an asset.
- Experience in the paper based packaging Industry is a plus.
- A very challenging job in a highly competitive industry segment with clear target orientation.
- Intensive training on the job.
- Good career opportunities in an expanding international group.
- Competitive remuneration & fringe benefits.
Then please send your application to email@example.com
Contact: Mrs. Delphine De Goÿ