Van Genechten Packaging is an independent industrial group with headquarters in Turnhout, Belgium. It consists of 9 folding carton factories in 7 countries, leading the European consumer goods industry with printed folding cartons, microflute and other packaging solutions. With an annual turnover of €300 million, the group converts more than 200,000 tons of cardboard each year and employs over 1,600 people.
We have a vacancy for a
General Counsel (m/f)
Based in Kempten (Germany) but working for the international group of Van Genechten Packaging.
- As part of the leadership team of VGP, you are a business partner and advisor to the CEO and VGP’s key business leaders.
- You will provide front-line legal support on key commercial contracts (sale/purchase of goods/equipment/services, NDA, IP related contracts, distribution).
- You monitor all compliance matters (including Antitrust and Anti-Bribery Laws) and the development of policies thereon.
- You are the process owner of all litigation, settlements and mediation by engaging and managing the external legal advisors.
- You monitor all secretarial work with a legal background for the company and its foreign subsidiaries (incorporation, capital/share transactions, (de)merger, …).
- You act as a sparring partner to non-legal departments, such as the Group Treasury Manager for funding & banking related contracting and intercompany lending activities, as well as the Tax Manager in supporting group tax planning and intercompany activities (Transfer pricing).
- You provide training on important legal matters (e.g. sales contracts, compliance, etc.)
- You provide legal guidance in collaboration with/without external partners on topics such as corporate governance, corporate finance (M&As and facilities agreements), IP law (IP protection and exploitation) and corporate insurance policies (Property, Liability, Cyber, D&O, Transport).
- You have a master’s degree in law with at least 10+ years’ experience in a similar position with a strong background of European cross-border transactions and international enterprise management.
- You speak English fluently (company language).
- You have affinity with a production environment and the market dynamics of FMCG.
- You are results-oriented and have strong negotiation skills.
- Your project management skills can handle complex matters.
- You have strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- A challenging job in a highly competitive industry segment.
- A growing international business with a very strong European footprint.
- An opportunity to be a member of the Senior Leadership Team which drives the key operational and strategic initiatives.
- Competitive remuneration & fringe benefits.
Then please send your application to the Van Genechten Packaging Headquarters.
Contact: Mrs. Christel Van Bortel firstname.lastname@example.org